Wowzers- it's been since July 7th since I blogged!!!! What has happened?!? Life...vacation....houseguests.....rat infestation....work....toddler... craziness. Well, I'm back now! :) BTW- I didn't really have a rat infestation, but wanted to see if you were reading.
The summer ended fabulously in certain ways, and sadly in others. On the happy end of things- I loved every minute of my time at home with Kara (well, besides the psycho fits). My MIL and mom came to visit (NOT AT THE SAME TIME!) and Kara and I traveled to GA to see my family and some extended family. It was awesome to see them bond with Kara and be amused by her tricks. On a sadder note, we had a couple deaths in the family. My cousin's husband was killed in the line of duty as a police officer in Ft Myers, FL leaving behind his wife (my cousin) and three young children, and then my grandfather died a couple weeks after that. My cousin's husbands death was so tragic, senseless, and jarring, while my grandfather lived a wonderfully full life. Two different kind of of deaths, two different types of grief. Both just really really sad. Really puts things in perspective.
ANYWHO- life is really great right now. I AM OUT OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOL CLASSROOM. Can I say that again? I AM OUT OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOL CLASSROOM. It was a risk quitting at the end of last year, but I knew I needed to do it and I am SOOOO happy I did! I am LOVING teaching at the college level, and have about 30 voice students at the middle and high school level. So I am teaching them one on one, and they pay me for my time- (no discipline!!!). Lovin' it. Lovin' it. Lovin' it. I get to pick Kara up earlier, get to sleep later, and just in general am happier! Still busy, but good busy. Oh, and I have to shop a little less :)
Kara is my little crazy goober, but I wouldn't have it any other way! She loves to dress up, play make-up, pretend to read, try to plug things in, and push around her doll in the dolly stroller. She says "baby doll" too- her first 2 word combo, well besides her saying hi to everything, including her belly, kitty, and cheese. Bill and I try to take her outside as much as possible- she loves just running around in the grass, and saying "weeee" going down the slide. Here are some new pics of our pookie:
Check out my belly!!!!!!!
BTW- I put this tricycle together! Whoohoo! She doesn't really "go" yet- but I can push her on it and I know she will soon!

4 comments:
Yay! Good to hear from you again!
I was really worried about the rats until I read on.
Sorry to hear you've lost some loved ones.
Sometimes I wish I was out of the classroom too! :) Lucky you!
I'm so glad things are going good for you and your family. I miss talking to you, but you as well as anyone knows how life hectic with a toddler is. Kara is getting so big and cuter by the day!!!
Wow what a busy summer you've had. Glad you are back to blogging. I've got to get back on mine as well.
Sorry to hear about your cousin's husband and your grandfather. That is so sad, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Wow Kara is growing soo fast!!! She will be 3 soon? I love the pics and loving hearing about her.
Awesome about your teaching job. It sounds like you are loving it and I'm so glad! Mark graduates Dec.13 and finishes his internship before Thanksgiving break, so he is so ready for it!!
Well take care! Love ya girl!
so facebook has your attention...not blogger eh? LOL
Post a Comment